With all of the events going on we’ve been a bit remiss in sending out notices of what new things you can find in your little Co-op. As things are winding down a bit we’ll be able to send out notices again and as always if there is ever anything you’d like us to carry we will do our best to make it happen!
And now onto the list of things;
We’re happy that we’ve spent some time expanding our bulk selection in the last few weeks. In addition to the new items below many of you know we struggled with the container for the bulk honey but hopefully we have come up with a solution for all our problems. We now have a wonderful stainless steel container for our bulk honey which makes it a lot easier to dispense and keeps it nice and sealed.
We also now have Bulk Kombucha from AquaVitae on tap at the Co-op so please feel free to bring in a container and fill it up! Flavors are Elderberry and Ginger Hibiscus.
- Bulk Organic Quick Oats (Customer Request)
- Bulk Carina Organics Unscented Shampoo and Conditioner
- Bulk Xantham Gum
- Santa Innes Chardonnay
- Sebastapool Oaks Pinot Noir(California)(was really good at the wine tasting)
- Foret Organic Belgian Saison
- Alpataco Malbec (Argentina)
- Willie’s Superbrew Mango & Passionfruit (Customer Request)
Grocery and General Goods
- Cucina Antica Arrabiata Sauce(Non-GMO)(Member Request)
- Beeswax Birthday Candles
- Rescue Remedy (Member Request)
- Yummi Bear Multi-Vitamins (Member Request)
- Giovani Strong Hold Gel (Member Request)
- Zand Elderberry Zinc Lozanges
- Zand Cherry Ecchinacea Lozanges
- Ambassador Hair Brush
- Merry Hampster Lip Balm (Vegan)
- Maggie’s Org Black Footie Socks 9-11
- Maggie’s Org Sport Socks 9-11
Just popping out a quick note to remind folks that this coming Sunday is our Potluck and Annual Meeting at 4:00pm! We hope to see you there and we’ll let them know how things are going at the Marsh River Coop!
We wanted to let you know that we’ve partnered with the two new bakeries we have from Unity, Mad Batter and Kimble Kitchen, to offer a pie preorder program for the upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday. So if you are looking to lighten your holiday task list or just want some awesome pie stop in the Co-op and sign up now!
Pie Orders will close on Nov 21st and Pies will be available for pickup on the 27th
Available Pies are 9″ in the following varieties:
Blueberry, Apple, Pumpkin, Dutch Apple, Peacan, Pumpkin Rolls w/ Cream Cheese Filling, Strawberry Rhubarb and Pumpkin Buckle for $15.00 Each
Chocolate Velvet Silk Pie is available for $17.00 Each
It’s time to get your voting hats on! We have completed the Annual Report for Fiscal year 2018-2019 and you can download a copy to look at at the link below. If you’d like to come in and peruse one we will have copies available in the Co-op shortly. Thanks to everyone that worked hard to get all the info together for the report!
Marsh River Cooperative Annual Summary Fiscal 2018-2019
That also means that if you are an active member it’s time to vote on our slate of new board members. There was some confusion last year due to the fact we have Consumer Members and Producer Members so if you have any questions don’t hesitate to come in and speak to someone or let us know if we can help. Please be advised that you should only vote for those folks who are in the same member class as you.
So are slate for this year is as follows;
- Catherine Durkin, Calyx Farm
- Laura McLaughlin & Dylan Brown, Stubborn Ox Farm
- Louise Shorette, Oh My Goddess
If you can’t make it to the Potluck & Annual Meeting, which is open to the public, please stop in the Co-op and we can provide you with an absentee ballot to make sure everyone’s vote is counted!
Just popping out a quick note that due to the inclement weather tomorrow the Brooks Trunk or Treat has been postponed until Saturday evening. Everyone stay safe out there tomorrow!
Just reaching out to welcome Carole Mapes of Flywheel Flowers to our community space for a workshop on Everlasting Wreaths on November 2nd at 1:00pm. If you want to try your hand at this craft email firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know you’d like to join in!
We are pleased to announce that we are going to have several events going on in the next several weeks time, now that the craziness of summer is coming to a close. If you have any questions about these events please free to reach out to us or stop in the Co-op. In date order we have the following events on the schedule so far!
- Carbon Cessation Round Table, October 26th 6:00pm at the Co-op, Hosted by Ed Hamel. – Come and participate in a discussion on how to reduce our individual carbon footprints. Bring your ideas and what you are doing to reduce carbon output. Share your knowledge!
- Brooks Trunk or Treat, October 31st 5:30pm to 7:30pm. While not directly in the Co-op everyone is welcome to the center of town for a glorious trunk or treat and the Co-op will be providing fresh popped popcorn on the front porch for kiddos!
- Marsh River Coop Inaugural Wine Tasting, November 1st 4:30pm – 6:00pm After many years of folks asking we having completed all the necessary steps to host our very own wine tasting. Folks will be treated to a selection of 5 wines from our very first wine distributor, Easterly Wine in Belfast.
- Community Potluck and Annual Meeting, November 10th at 4:00pm – Join us for good food and discussion about how the Co-op is doing, provide feedback and direction as to where you would like it to focus and vote for our new slate of board members. This is your chance to affect the direction of the Co-op!