|Are you glad that the Marsh River Coop is open, keeping good food available to you in these difficult times? |
If so, the coop needs your help right now.
Business is up, which is good, but so are the challenges. The coop staff and current volunteers are stretched thin meeting them. We need more volunteers and we need them now. Please help us keep the coop open and serving the community.
We can use help in all sorts of ways, from serving on the board to helping keep the co-op clean and tidy.
Filling the immediate needs listed below are our first priority.
Restock persons – come in for an hour or so around 5pm and help refill the shelves with all those items sold during the day that the on duty person didn’t have time to get to. Filling a shift on Friday or Saturday are the top need, but if you are only available another day, that helps too.
Pick up Person – We have many Maine vendors who do not deliver to us. To save Matthew a trip to Belfast every other Friday morning, we are looking for someone who could meet a couple of vendors in the parking lot of the Belfast coop on Friday mornings around 10 pm and then deliver the “goods (tortillas, GF bakery goods, pasta)” to Marsh River. More details available!
Facilities volunteers – Are you handy? Be on a list to be called for availability and ability to help with tasks that keep the infrastructure of the coop in shape – such as – small fixes and building projects, moving of shelving, etc., defrosting freezers, special pickups of donated or purchased infrastructure, and more creative projects. Any talent you have for any of the above or other, would be a great help.
And earn volunteer discounts!
Please contact Kim to find out more-
Call her at 722-3139 or email at
Please leave contact info and the skills you would like to share
It’s time for a new item list from your Co-op!
First up we’d like to welcome Night Moves Bread(Biddeford) to our shelves! We’ll be carrying their Country Loaf, Baltic Rye, Potato & Herb and Maple oatmeal loaves which will now be coming in Friday mornings.
And now on to the full list!
- North Star Ground Lamb (Humane, Sustainable)(Member Request)
- Daniel Sliced Pepperoni (New Version)
- HIC Stanless Steel Mixing Bowls
- HIC Mesh Colander
- Ms Anderson Half Sheet Baking Pan
- HIC Bamboo Skewers
- HIC Bamboo Bench Scraper
- Brianna’s French Vinaigrette
- Bota Sauvignon Blanc 3 Liter (Customer Request)
- Atlantic Brewing Coal Porter
- Califa Almond Milk
- White’s Farm Kielbasa (limited supply)
- Whites Farm Sujuk
- Lagosta Vinho Verde
- Fieldroast Frankfurter (Customer Request)
It has been a stressful few months here at the Co-op. Like a good portion of retail food establishments we’ve managed to keep our doors open through the hard work of our dedicated staff and volunteers (We had a lot of folks step up to help and we could always use more!). We’ve managed to weather the supply chain issues, frustrated customers and everything that comes with being open to the public in these trying times. We want to give a big shout out to our staff and volunteers (board and in store) who stepped up and worked long and extra hours to ensure that the Co-op was stocked, cleaned and as safe as possible, with plans in place to meet all the challenges that these new times have brought. With that being said we wanted to share a wonderful few figures from last months sales that are really encouraging.
Last month the Co-op sold $21,899 in Maine products! Back two years ago that might have been our entire sales for the month.
We also provided almost a $1000 worth of veggies and fruit to our low income folks through our partnership with the Farm Fresh Rewards program which is very exciting as well! These are the things that make all that time and energy worth it.
And finally we would like to give a big thank you to all our loyal customers who have followed along with us through out all the changes and protocols. We hope to continue to provide our wares and services to you for a long time to come!
Due to the increase in demand in member preorders in the last few months we are revising the Mark-up Schedule for our preorder service going forward. These changes will not affect feed grain and will only apply to non-consignment goods. we still want to encourage people to buy in bulk and avoid excess packaging but due to the ever increasing demand we need to ensure the programs viability. Effective August 1st 2020 the following fee schedule will be used for items when you a member preorders;
Food Items(As defined by our internal Departments) – Markup 15% Over Cost
Beer & Wine – Markup 25% Over Cost
And now on to something a tad more fun; our new items list!
- You’ve probably already seen them on our shelves but we wanted to showcase the local’s a little bit! We’ve got two types of cherry tomatoes coming in now, both certified organic and about as local as you can get!
- Just in this week are organic low bush blueberries from the Belfast Blueberry Cooperative
- Returning to our shelves are some products that haven’t been available for a while;
- Sonnental Gouda
- Sonnental Pepperjack
- Sonnental Mild Chedder
- Sonnental Parmesan
- Seal Cove Garlic & Pepper Goat Cheese
- Aleia’s GF Italian breadcrumbs
- Wally’s Natural Ear Candles
So we’ve got one small update and then we’ll move onto our new items list. We wanted to let everyone know that we have recently installed a UV-C sanitation system in the Co-op which will run at night to compliment our volunteers who clean for us in the evenings (thanks folks we really appreciate it, you’ve helped keep our doors open!). Those with keys or the door code (I’ll try to reach out to you individually as well) please be advised that the sanitation system will be running from 9:30pm – 10:30pm and you don’t want to be in here when it is running! If there is an emergency you can contact our manager to have it turned off remotely. If anyone has any questions regarding this system please contact (207) 722-3053 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
And now on to a much lighter note we have our new items list, some local, some organic and some you’ve asked us to find for you!
- Foundation Riverton Pilsner (Portland)
- Sepia 200 tab (Member Request)
- Boiron Oscillococcinum (Member Request)
- Equal Exchange Natural Pecans
- Woodstock Yellow Mustard(Organic)
- Morses Sour Garlic Pickles(Waldoboro)
- Morses Sour Mustard Pickles (Waldoboro)
- Unique Shell Pretzels (Non-GMO)
- Rustic Bakery Rosemary Flatbread Crisp (Organic)
- Rustic Bakery Meyer Lemon Short Bread
- Appel Herring in Tomato Sauce
- Coconut Secret Aminos
- Monin Zero Cal Vanilla Coffee Syrup (Customer Request)
- Farm House Coffee Bacon Tree Blend (Winterport, organic)
- Chase Stream Chicken Liver Mousse (Monroe, Organic raised chix)
- Kaf Kitchen Towel
- Tonnino Pinot Grigio (Organic)
- Tonnino Nero d’Avola (Organic)
- JK Scrumpy Rose Cider
- Sno Pac Frozen peas (Organic)
- Frontera Cab Merlot 1.5 Liter(Member Request)
- Honor Cava Brut Rose
- Honor Cava Brut Traditional
- Original Sin Black Widow Cider (Customer Request)
- Vintoro Waiters Corkscrew (Customer Request)
- Krups Coffee Grinder (Customer Request)
- Pastry Bag with Tips (Customer Request)