It has been a stressful few months here at the Co-op. Like a good portion of retail food establishments we’ve managed to keep our doors open through the hard work of our dedicated staff and volunteers (We had a lot of folks step up to help and we could always use more!). We’ve managed to weather the supply chain issues, frustrated customers and everything that comes with being open to the public in these trying times. We want to give a big shout out to our staff and volunteers (board and in store) who stepped up and worked long and extra hours to ensure that the Co-op was stocked, cleaned and as safe as possible, with plans in place to meet all the challenges that these new times have brought. With that being said we wanted to share a wonderful few figures from last months sales that are really encouraging.
Last month the Co-op sold $21,899 in Maine products! Back two years ago that might have been our entire sales for the month.
We also provided almost a $1000 worth of veggies and fruit to our low income folks through our partnership with the Farm Fresh Rewards program which is very exciting as well! These are the things that make all that time and energy worth it.
And finally we would like to give a big thank you to all our loyal customers who have followed along with us through out all the changes and protocols. We hope to continue to provide our wares and services to you for a long time to come!
Due to the increase in demand in member preorders in the last few months we are revising the Mark-up Schedule for our preorder service going forward. These changes will not affect feed grain and will only apply to non-consignment goods. we still want to encourage people to buy in bulk and avoid excess packaging but due to the ever increasing demand we need to ensure the programs viability. Effective August 1st 2020 the following fee schedule will be used for items when you a member preorders;
Food Items(As defined by our internal Departments) – Markup 15% Over Cost
Beer & Wine – Markup 25% Over Cost
And now on to something a tad more fun; our new items list!
- You’ve probably already seen them on our shelves but we wanted to showcase the local’s a little bit! We’ve got two types of cherry tomatoes coming in now, both certified organic and about as local as you can get!
- Just in this week are organic low bush blueberries from the Belfast Blueberry Cooperative
- Returning to our shelves are some products that haven’t been available for a while;
- Sonnental Gouda
- Sonnental Pepperjack
- Sonnental Mild Chedder
- Sonnental Parmesan
- Seal Cove Garlic & Pepper Goat Cheese
- Aleia’s GF Italian breadcrumbs
- Wally’s Natural Ear Candles
So we’ve got one small update and then we’ll move onto our new items list. We wanted to let everyone know that we have recently installed a UV-C sanitation system in the Co-op which will run at night to compliment our volunteers who clean for us in the evenings (thanks folks we really appreciate it, you’ve helped keep our doors open!). Those with keys or the door code (I’ll try to reach out to you individually as well) please be advised that the sanitation system will be running from 9:30pm – 10:30pm and you don’t want to be in here when it is running! If there is an emergency you can contact our manager to have it turned off remotely. If anyone has any questions regarding this system please contact (207) 722-3053 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
And now on to a much lighter note we have our new items list, some local, some organic and some you’ve asked us to find for you!
- Foundation Riverton Pilsner (Portland)
- Sepia 200 tab (Member Request)
- Boiron Oscillococcinum (Member Request)
- Equal Exchange Natural Pecans
- Woodstock Yellow Mustard(Organic)
- Morses Sour Garlic Pickles(Waldoboro)
- Morses Sour Mustard Pickles (Waldoboro)
- Unique Shell Pretzels (Non-GMO)
- Rustic Bakery Rosemary Flatbread Crisp (Organic)
- Rustic Bakery Meyer Lemon Short Bread
- Appel Herring in Tomato Sauce
- Coconut Secret Aminos
- Monin Zero Cal Vanilla Coffee Syrup (Customer Request)
- Farm House Coffee Bacon Tree Blend (Winterport, organic)
- Chase Stream Chicken Liver Mousse (Monroe, Organic raised chix)
- Kaf Kitchen Towel
- Tonnino Pinot Grigio (Organic)
- Tonnino Nero d’Avola (Organic)
- JK Scrumpy Rose Cider
- Sno Pac Frozen peas (Organic)
- Frontera Cab Merlot 1.5 Liter(Member Request)
- Honor Cava Brut Rose
- Honor Cava Brut Traditional
- Original Sin Black Widow Cider (Customer Request)
- Vintoro Waiters Corkscrew (Customer Request)
- Krups Coffee Grinder (Customer Request)
- Pastry Bag with Tips (Customer Request)
So we are looking to fill a position here at the Co-op in the next few weeks. That means we are losing someone unfortunately but we wish them well and as a result it opens up an opportunity for the someone in our area for a part-time position. Right now the position is 20-25 hours per week three days a week but we can discuss changes to that depending on the right candidate. The wage is $13/hour and as an employee you receive 10% off your purchases excluding grain, alcohol and crafts.
Please follow the link below to the job description for additional details.
MRC Job Description
So if this sounds like something you might be interested in please stop on by and fill out an application or email a resume to email@example.com. We look forward to working with you!
Just popping out a note to give a big thank you to Villageside Farm for the flower starts in our boxes this year and Bo from Dandy Ram Farm for planting and maintaining them. @Dandy_Ram_farmer in Monroe still has flower subscriptions left for 12 weeks of mixed bouquets- check out their account for more information!