Thanks to the volunteer efforts of Ed Hamel we are pleased to announce that we will be offering the combining of Seed/Bulb/OGS(Organic Growing Supplies) orders into one bulk order so that we can leverage the bulk discounts through Fedco. Ed is planning to go and get the orders when they are available and distribute them at the Co-Op. The only thing we are asking is to help defray the costs of the time, energy and gas to do this that you donate 25% of the discount from the bulk order to the Co-op(or more if you so choose). So for example if we received enough orders to be eligible for the 20% discount we ask that you give 25% of that discount. If anyone has additional questions please feel free to stop in Tuesday mornings when Ed is staffing the Co-op or you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (207) 722-3053 and we can pass the messages along to him. More detailed instructions below.
People who want to order should go to the Fedco
seeds site to place their part of the group order.
The group name is: marsh river co-op
The group numbers are:
organic supplies: 39015
To place an order.
Group Member Instructions:
1. First get the group order number. There will be a separate number for each division (Seeds; Potatoes, Onions and Exotics; Organic Growers Supply; Trees; and Bulbs), if your coordinator has chosen to coordinate an order from more than one division.
2. Go to the division in which you are building an order, using the links in the page header. Log in using your own email address.
3. When you review your order prior to checking out, click the ‘Part of a Group’ checkbox. Then go to ‘Check Out Securely’ and type in the group order number where indicated.
4. You will receive a confirmation email at the address you used to log in. Until your coordinator finalizes the group’s order, however, Fedco cannot confirm receipt of your order.
The discount for any fedco division are as follows
$100.00 5% off
Deadlines for orders are:
Trees order by 1/10/19 pick-up 4/24/19
Seeds and organic growers supply order by 2/28/19 pick-up 3/14/19
Potatoes order by 4/5/19 pick-up 4/26/19
We wanted to let you know that your newly elected Board will be meeting for the first time this coming Tuesday the 11th at 6:30pm here at the Co-op. Officers will be chosen at that time and we have a lot of topics to discuss and planning for the upcoming year. Anyone interested (board meetings are open to the public, no need to be a member) in joining in and seeing how the board functions and what issues are facing the Co-op, please drop by.
Any now on to the fun part. Please find the list below of items added this week to your Co-op!
- Frontier Maple Smoked Syrup (Customer Request)
- North Spore Mushroom Kits (For the holidays)
- Green Truck Sauvignon Blanc (Org)
- Nero d’avola (Org)
- 90+ Prosecco (Org)
- Daiya Cheesy Mac (Member Request)(GF, SF, DF)
- Roasted Dandelion Tea (Member Request) (Org)
- Stevia Clear Liquid Drops (Member Request) (Non-GMO)
- Women’s Bean Project GF Cornbread Mix
- Women’s Bean Project Cilantro Lime Cup Soup
- Women’s Bean Project Spanish Rice and Pinto Beans Soup
- Raaka Bourbon Dark Choc Bar (Org)
- Simply Organic Almond Extract (Org)
- And finally a small selection of Organic Cotton Socks(because it’s cold) from Maggie’s Organics. There are other varieties available so if you are looking for something specific just let us know!
We are pleased to announce that through the wonderful donation of time and items from one of our consigners we will be raffling off a basket of goodies provided by Backyard Family Farms (Soaps, bath salts, sprays etc). Backyard Family Farms is also offering a sale of 50% your second item from them of equal or lesser value! Raffle tickets are $2.00 a piece and the drawing will be done on December 23rd in the am so you can come pickup the basket anytime after that! A list of items in the basket are as follows;
German Red Garlic (1lb)
Russian Red Garlic (1lb)
Daytime Pain Rub
Sleepytime Pain Rub
Shea Butter Lotion Bar
Extra Large Shower Steamer
2 Toilet Fizzies
Poo Be Gone Toilet Spray
Hand Sanitizer Spray
Cozy Holiday Air Freshener
4oz Bar Soap
4oz Bar Soap with Soap Saver Dish
2 Lip Balms
8z Honey with wood dipper
2oz Snowman Honey Bear
2 Tic Tacs
2 Hershey Nugget Christmas Packs
Macho Man Cologne Balm
Love Story Perfume Spray
6oz Energizing Bath Salt with Muslin Bag
So we are moving full swing into winter (though I feel like it came a little early this year) and we’ve received most of our shipments of local Christmas Trees for your selection. We now have the Organic Trees from Skyscraper Farm and some smaller varieties from Mckay Farms in Thorndike (I’m hoping to get a few table top ones as well soon).
Don’t forget as we get in to the season of giving we have some wonderful food gifts and crafts for folks. We have a fresh batch of Ralph’s Cafe pickles, items from two maple syrup producers (Triple M and Frontier Maple Syrup) and Swan’s Honey from Albion. And if you are looking for a nice bottle of wine we have quite a few we can recommend so stop on in to check them out!
And now onto the new items list for this week!
- Dried Shiitake Mushrooms (Board Request)
- Org Medjool Dates (for the holidays)
- If You Care Parchment Paper (customer request)
And we are dialing in our orders for off-season greens through another Maine Co-op (Crown o’ Maine) so we are hoping to have a wider selection of greens throughout the winter. This week we received baby spinach and arugula as well as some Org Cantaloupe!
After last weeks adventure for one of our volunteers getting home we are shutting down at 5:00pm to give them a chance to get off the roads. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We will be open regular hours tomorrow.
We hope you had a great holiday and that everything went without incident despite the freezing temps. We wanted to let you know that we just received our shipment of Organic Christmas Trees($36.50) from Skyscraper Farm here in Brooks (Jack & Rani). We should also be getting a delivery of smaller trees and a few table top ones from Mckay Farm shortly. And now on to the list of new items for this week!
- Italian Volcano Blood Orange Juice (This is actually a returning item, we were having a hard time getting it for a while).
- Navatis Maca Powder
- Barely There Condems
Beer and Wine
- Threshers Brewing Ponderosa (Searsmont)
- Threshers Brewing Citra (Searsmont)
- Lake St George Danny’s Oatmeal Stout (Liberty)
We are closing up a bit early this evening so are volunteers can get home safely. We should be open tomorrow with regular hours for all of your last minute shopping needs.