While that is quite the change in weather we just had. Nice to have some sun shining for a bit. We have a few store operations updates below as well as our new item list for this week!
- As of Wednesday May 27th we will be reopening the Co-op back to our normal hours. We will be open Monday – Saturday 10am – 6pm and then Sunday 10am – 5pm. We will continue to reserve the first half hour for at risk populations. We would like to take this opportunity to thank our flexible and dedicated volunteers who have agreed to come in later to do a deep clean on the Co-op at night!
- Now that it is nice out we have added a few tables to our front porch for folks. Please continue to following the guidelines on keeping your distance from people not in your immediate family group.
- We have upgraded our internet service as well as updated the wireless equipment for the Co-op. We were hoping to have this done sooner but we ran into some snags getting it working properly. In theory we now have a 1500sq ft wifi hotspot now at the Co-op so as we continue to keep our distance from folks you are welcome to use the wifi here to stay connected or do school work. We ask that you use the wifi appropriately so we don’t need to put locks on it in future, if we all share and use it wisely we can all keep connected. Our wireless information is as follows;
- Wifi: Marsh River Public
- Password: marshriver
- We are starting to install foot door pulls on the walkin doors.
And now on to new items!
- Cobscook Scallops, 8oz Frozen
- Farm House Nitro Coffee Can (Winterport, Organic)
- Natval Red Kidney Beans (Organic)(Sub for Eden)
- Balfour Bloomfield (Organic)(Sub for Marcy)
- Dr. Bronner Coconut Oil, 14oz (been having a hard time getting the large ones)
- Once Again Creamy Peanut Butter(Organic)
- Timeless Golden Lentils (Organic)
- Aqua Vitea Blue Bernie Kombucha now on tap (Replaced Elderberry)
Would you be interested in taking a turn as the “Flower Volunteer” at the coop for a season? – Planting and if possible helping maintain the flower boxes outside the coop through the summer and fall which helps keep the face of the coop beautiful, appealing and welcoming? A budget for plants is available. If you have a flower business, this could be a good promotion for you. Or if you just love to garden and appreciate having flowers blooming at the coop your help would be of great value.
PS: Volunteer discount on shopping possible.
It’s time to do our weekly blast of the new items we have in the Co-op. The item that really shines this week are the local foraged fiddlesheads we just got in! They probably need a little bit of extra cleaning but we’re selling them at $3.49/lb so totally worth it. We only have these for a little while so if you want a taste of spring come on in and get them!
And now for the list of new items this week. A lot of these are substitutions to try and cover some of the items we’ve had a hard time getting…
- Woobambo Toothbrush, Adult Medium (Member Request)
- Mega Food Vegan B12 (Member Request)
- Vermont Smike Pepperoni
- La Preferida Mild Notcho Slices (Organic)
- La preferida Hot Notcho Slices
- Garofalo Orzo
- Lundberg Jasmine Rice, 2lb
- Lundberg Long Grain White Rice, 2lb (Organic)
- King Soba Black Rice Ramen (Organic)
- Organic Valley Ghee (Organic)
- Koyo Asian Vegetable Ramen
Thanks to the hard work of the folks over at Fedco Seeds and the kindness of one of our members who dropped it off for us we have replenished our seed supply for those that want to add to their garden plots! So come on in and get some seeds before the weather gets good enough to put stuff in the ground!
Due to increased demand in the curbside pickup orders we are no longer able to provide same day pickup so that we have time to pack orders at night when we are closed and we have no other customers in the store. We are hoping to continue with next day unless demand continues to increase. We also ask that whenever possible you use the online system to shop (Link Below) and not call in phone orders unless you absolutely have to. They unfortunately tie up the one staff member/volunteer who is here too much while the are on shift. All this being said if you absolutely need help please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to make any accommodations we can. These are trying times and we want everyone to get their needs met as best as we possibly can. Thank you so much for your understanding and we look forward one day to have a more casual time in the Co-op again!
Online Ordering Link
We apologize that we’ve been a bit remiss in sending more notifications out to keep people in the loop but as I’m sure you can imagine we’ve been busy just making sure we can maintain operations & the safety of everyone coming to the Co-op. All that being said we need to let everyone know about all of the new items we’ve added to our shelves over the last few weeks. Many of you have given us lists of things for us to try and find and we are slowly working through them so that those items will be available for purchase. Please bear with us as sourcing in our current supply chain scenario is a bit rougher than it used to be. We’ve also fielded inquires from new vendors who have lost their markets at we are trying to help those folks as well. As always please let us know if there is something you are looking for and we’ll do our best to find it for you!
Just a brief aside we are also starting to see our local farms come online as the weather improves so we are getting regular but limited supplies of local greens, radishes and a few other early spring crops as well.
Without further adieu please find the list of new items below!
- Maggies Org Womens Black T-Shirt, Large
- Maggies Org Womens T-shirt, X-Large
- Melitta 6 Cup Ceramic Pour Over
- Rock City Guatemalan Whole Bean (Organic)(Rockland)(Customer Request)
- Rocky Ground Cider Zuzu 375ml (Newburgh)
- Rocky Ground Cider Pips 187ml (Newburgh)
- Rocky Ground Cider Queen 187ml (Newburgh)
- Mill Cove Dill Crackers (Portland)
- Tortilleria Pachanga White Corn Tortillas (Made with Somali Corn) (Organic)(Portland)
- Tinkyada Brown Rice Elbows 1lb Repack (Can’t get the retail pack right now)
- Barillia Spaghetti
- Lone Pine Brown Rice 1lb Repack (Phasing out the bulk for a bit, hope it can come back)
- Lotus Foods Black Rice 1lb Repack (Organic)
- Singing Pastures Roam Stick, Bacon (Newcastle)
- Plucked Fresh Salsa (Portland)
- Papous Falafal Burger (Vegan)(Having a hard time getting other frozen burgers right now)
- Eliya King Coconut Water (Organic)
- American Flatbread Pepperoni Bacon
- Bioitalia Chickpeas (Organic)(can’t get the Natural Value ones)
- Violife Parmesan Block (Member Request)
- Volcano Lemon Juice (Couldn’t get the Santa Cruz so this was subbed in)
- Natural Value Basil Pasta Sauce(Organic)
- Peak Slim Hazy 12 Pack (Organic)(Customer Request)
As many of you already know if you’ve been reading our updates (their a lot to take in so no worries if you haven’t) we are now offering online ordering and curbside pickup. We are still working extremely tightly with as few staff/volunteers as possible at one time to try and reduce exposure risks so we may be a little behind on processing some orders depending on when they come in. We also are limited in that we have one phone line at our location but we’ll do our best to take phone orders as we are able. If you’d like to look through our online catalog or place an online order please navigate to our website and click on the “Online Ordering” tab for additional instructions. We are hoping that by offering this service we can help those who are unable to come in our doors. We expect that there will be some kinks in how this all works so please bear with us as we work through them. Thank you everyone and please stay safe out there.