We have a few new items this week and we thought we’d let you know about them on this busy Common Ground Fair Weekend. We hope everyone is having a wonderful time!
- Ume Plum Vinegar (Member Requested)
- Garofalo Bucatani (Employee Requested)
- Bulk Organic White Peony Tea (Member Requested)
- Chase Stream Kimbap (still working on availability schedule, and for those that aren’t familiar with this it is similar to sushi)
- Chase Stream Heat and Serve Soups (These are seasonal soups that only needed to be heated to serve, or in the case of gazpacho serve.)
- We also want to give a shout out to Blackbrook Farm for their new smaller yogurt containers, they are pretty neat!
Sara Trunzo (Cd’s)
So as usual we’ve done a bit of rearranging in the store and added some more items onto our shelves. We moved our older small freezer from the back and placed it next to the large display freezer and now we have space to put out whole chickens from Tide Mill as well as using the wall space above it to display our shelf stable meat selection (Whites Farm in Winterport and items from Daniele Meats). The personal care items have moved around the back of the repack bulk grains wall. If you have any trouble finding anything please let us know!
And now for the new items list;
- Swans Raw Honey now in 2.5lb Glass Jars
- Tide Mill Organic Whole Chickens
- Bulk Whole Dried Chipotle Peppers (Board Request)
- Grandy Oats Coconola Choc Chunk (Employee Request)
- Yum Earth Org Candy Corn Snack Packs
- Tsubi Soups Miso Cup Mix
- Kikkoman Unbleached Panko
And because we’ve received so many calls from people asking if we have any essential oils we’ve added a small selection from Frontier. They are in the smaller size so that the price doesn’t get too high at one time. If there is one you’d like to see let us know!
- Org Peppermint 7.4ml
- Org Lavender 7.4ml
- Org Patchouli 7.4ml
- Org Tea Tree 7.4ml
- Org Lemon 7.4ml
- Org Rosemary 7.4ml
We are pleased to welcome back Nancy McAlley for another Death Cafe at the Marsh River Cooperative. We had a few questions previously about what this was so Nancy was nice enough to type up a description for us. If you have any additional questions please don’t hesitate to ask us! We also created a Facebook Event (link below) if you want to let us know you will be attending.
Death Cafe with Nancy McAlley
What is a “Death Café” ?
It is a relaxed space to talk about issues around life and death.
There is no fixed agenda, we talk about whatever comes up
Some topics that have come up in the past:
- Green cemeteries vs. traditional
- Burying on your own property
- Funeral options
- Making your own coffin, biodegradable coffins
- Water cremation vs. fire cremation
- Dying at home or in a facility
- Transporting a body yourself
- Do you need a will
And much more
Come join in the discussion and find out what you don’t know and share what you do know with others
It is a fun evening with many laughs even though it is serious discussion.
The Marsh River Cooperative is pleased to announce that we have completed the necessary set-up to have a Round Up at the Register Program. For those unfamiliar with these programs, when a customer is checking out, they can choose to round-up their total to the nearest dollar amount and those round-up funds will go to a chosen local organization at the end of the month. Now, we need our members’ help determining where those funds should go. Please make your recommendations known below in comment or stop in the Co-Op and tell us who you think those funds should go to! We will pick one organization per month based upon the number of votes/comments we receive back. We are hoping we can direct these funds to the smaller towns such as Brooks, Monroe, Jackson, Thorndike etc., though no recommendation will be discounted. Thank you everyone for your kind support of your Co-Op and we are excited to be giving back!
And only a few additions this week (Associated Buyers our larger distributor was closed Monday for the Holiday).
- Moonstone Asian Pear Sake (Member Requested)
- Cellar Door The Buoy Special Release (For every bottle sold $1.00 goes to Habitat for Humanity!)
So we have a few new items this week (please see list below) but we also want to let you know we’ll shortly be changing the location of the avocado and tomato display location. Thanks to a generous donation from Ralph’s Cafe and the Tea Party at Rani’s (A big thank you to both) we were able to purchase a wine cooler for the Avocados and Tomatoes. This allows us to keep these items at a constant 55 degree temperature with appropriate humidity and therefore increase their shelf life and quality so that we can provide you with the best experience with the produce here at your Co-Op. And now for the list of new items;
A few new libations for this week, just in time for Labor Day
- Fishtail Organic IPA
- St Peters Organic English Ale
- Paso A Paso Organic Tempranillo
- Artista Premixed Organic Margarita
And a few new items in Grocery
- Late July Peanut Butter Crackers
- Live Harbor Hemp Milk (Member requested)
So a few folks have asked for this and we pleased to now be offering Once Again Crunchy Organic Peanut Butter in our Bulk section. Please bear with us as we work out the logistics of providing this (scooping, cleaning etc) so that we can provide the best experience overall. When in doubt please ask for help and we’d be glad to lend a hand!
I’ve been a bit remiss in sending out updates, just been a bit crazy around your Co-Op but please find the list below of a few new items we’ve added to the shelves. If you haven’t already please let us know what you would like to see so we can work towards adding it!
- Garofalo GF Penne (Corn Rice and Quinoa) (Employee Requested)
- Speckled Ax Map 40 Mocha Java (Portland, Organic)(Wood Roasted Coffee)
- Asian Boy Rice Paper Wrappers
- Clif Bars (Choc Almond Fudge, Choc Brownie, Choc Chip Peanut) (We can’t get the Larabars anymore unfortunately)
- Soco Cream 4oz Cups (Rasp Sorbet, Dirty Choc, Salted Caramel, Vanilla Bean)