Sorry for not sending any notes out recently but if you’ve stopped in recently you may have noticed we’ve added some new cooling capacity and have been moving things around which has taken up a fair amount of time. We are still a bit in flux so if you have any questions or can’t find anything please ask. So here’s what’s changed recently,
- We added a new Beer Cooler which we found second hand right here in Waldo County. Thanks to everyone that helped get it here. It needs a little TLC (it’s missing the front screen, the door tracks need cleaning and we could use some more shelves) but overall it’s working to keep our beer supply nice and cold and the price was right. Once we locate some more shelving we can probably increase our chilled beer selection to compliment the 24 bottles of chilled wine we have in stock.
- By moving the Beer out of the walkin we were able to free up an additional door to display and add produce selections just in time for spring/summer crops to come in. We’re excited about adding more local produce to our selection.
- Moved the Yogurt out of the Cheese Cooler and moved the Cheese Cooler closer to the door. This one is still up in the air so if you have any thoughts/comments please let us know.
So if you haven’t been in recently please stop by to take a look at all the changes going on at your local Co-Op!
We wanted to let you know that we just installed a public water dispenser as we swing into summer. I don’t know about you but I try not to buy bottled water so I think this will be a great addition to the Co-Op. It also does hot water so that means no more waiting for you to brew a cup of tea, just come on in and start a brew (nice timing to go with the bulk teas). It is an energy efficient model(it shuts itself off at night and restarts in the morning) with stainless steel tanks for the water. So if you are driving through Brooks and need to fill up your water bottle please keep us in mind!
We are please to announce the addition of bulk teas provided to us by Green Tree Coffee and Tea in Lincolnville. The list we have so far is as follows and we’ll look at additional items depending on demand and desire!
And don’t forget we have some wonderful blended teas from Leaf of the Earth (Royal View Farm right here in Brooks)
Organic Ginger Root
We just wanted to pop out a quick reminder that we have the CBD Presentation by Ben at Wild Folk Farm this coming Wednesday at 5:00pm!
So we’ve got some new art in the gallery for this month (I was hoping for Cinqo De Mayo but it just didn’t work out). So if you want to take a look at something from a local artist come on in and check it out in person!
So our first batch of seedlings just came from Stantial Brook Farm here in Brooks. It’s a mix of flowers and vegetable seedlings (the veggies are organic). So it’s time to start putting stuff in the ground!
We are reaching out to see what kind of interest there is for volunteering as representatives of the MRC for several upcoming events in Brooks in the next 6 months or so. Right now we don’t have any formulated plans so suggestions are welcome as well. The events we have coming up are as follows;
- July 4th Parade (We’ve done a float and had people on the deck serving snacks etc)
- Possible birthday party for the Co-op in August
- Halloween Trunk or Treat (We did popcorn from the front porch last year)
If you have any suggestions or would be willing to volunteer please e-mail email@example.com with your ideas. We look forward to hearing from you!