Just popping out a quick note to welcome our newest local vendor to the shelves. We just received our first shipment of beans from Farm House Coffee Roasters up in Winterport. All their beans are organic and roasted to order. So that brings our Maine roasted coffee vendors up to a grand total of 7 so if you are looking for a selection of coffee come on in!
We are also pleased to welcome back to our shelves Blackbrook Farm goat products. There was a short hiatus while we were waiting for kidding but we should be back in regular supply now!
GET READY FOR FALL
Marsh River Co-op is organizing a Fedco fall order for garden seeds, growers supplies, and fall bulbs.
Deadline for the order is 8/14 at noon.
Pickups at the co-op will be 9/4 for seeds and growers supplies, and on 10/12 for bulbs.
Since our spring group order for seeds and growers supplies came in at a 20% discount the same discount will apply to these two divisions.
By ordering with a group you can benefit by receiving a greater percentage off on your order, having the order delivered to the co-op at no charge, and supporting the co-op by sharing at least 25% (or more if you wish) of the discount with the co-op.
Please pay at the co-op for the total of your order before the order deadline listed below. When you pick up your order the amount of the discount plus any out of stocks will be returned to you minus 25% that the co-op is asking as a donation.
To place an order go to https://fedcoseeds.com
Group Member Instructions:
First get the group order number below.
Go to the division in which you are building an order, using the links in the page header. Log in using your own email address.
When you review your order prior to checking out, click the “Part of a Group” checkbox. Then go to “Check Out Securely” and type in the group order number where indicated.
If you are prompted to enter a credit card number, stop. Back up. You did not choose “Part of a Group”.
You will receive a confirmation email at the address you used to log in. Until your coordinator finalizes the order, however, Fedco cannot confirm receipt of your order.
The group name is: marsh river co-op
The group numbers are:
organic supplies: 39063
The discount for any fedco division are as follows $100.00 5%off
Note that seeds and organic supplies discount is at 20% because of spring group order.
Thanks to the generous efforts of two of our volunteer producer/members (Ed & Dave) we have managed to secure a new two door cooler to house all of our dairy products in one place (excluding frozen). We’ve pretty much moved everything over at this point so that means we’ll be adjusting the other cooler spaces we had to be able to add more fridge products to our shelves and we now have more space for more local dairy as well (so if there is something you would like to see please let us know!).
And now on to the new things for this week;
- Chow Maine Bibimbap
- Vital Nutrients Multi Minerals (Customer Request)
- Bulk Sichuan Peppercorns
- Frontier Chai Black Tea (Org, Fair Trade)(Customer Request)
- Garofalo Pappardelle
- Soma Glass Waterbottles
So we have a few new items this week that we’d like to tell you about!
- Hu Simple Dark Chocolate (Vegan, Paleo, GF)
- Crio Bru Ecuador Blend (Customer Request)
- Green Mountain Gringo Multigrain Chips (GF, Non-GMO)
And for libations we have;
- Art of the Earth Prosecco (Organic)
- Reyneke Vinehugger Red (Organic)
- True Colors Cava Brut
Just popping out a quick note to let you know our friends from Abrahams are back in stock at the Co-op! We now have again;
Feta in Brine
Chevre (Various flavors)
Half Gallon Milk
Plain Kefir and Blueberry Kefir
So we skipped last week for the new item list (we got a little busy) so this might be a bit of a long list. That just means we’ve added new stuff to the shelves for you to come find. If there is ever anything you are looking for we’ll try our best to get it for you!
- 100% Natural Cooking Twine
- Maggies Organic Arrow Trouser Socks
- Stash Organic Chai Tea Box
- Edan Agar Agar
- Garofalo Linguine (GF)
- Amy’s Sonoma Burger (DF, GF, Non-GMO, Soy Free)
- If You Care 100% Recycled Aluminum Foil
- Coles Tuna in Water (Sustainable)
- Jelina Dark Choc Noir Bar (Org)
- Organic Valley Half and Half (Returning Item)
- Dutchman Smoked Gouda (We haven’t been able to get the local for a bit so we’re going to try this one)
- Wallaby Sour Cream (Thanks Belfast Coop!)(Returning Item)
We’ve also added some local products to our shelves as well;
Common Hill has supplied us with a small selection of steaks (Strip Loin, Ribeye and Filet) for the summer (Jackson)
Back 40 Bread has a new Maple Cinnamon Raisin
Seal Cove Feta Block (Lamoine)
Penobscot Bay Brewing Mountain Man IPA 4 Pack (Winterport, we used to have this in 22oz but they switched to cans)
And just in this afternoon we received Great Hopes Fromage Blanc (Garlic Dill & Garlic Chive) and Great Hopes Cottage Cheese! (Jackson)
So we have some new items to let you know about but the most important thing is that Stantial Brook Farm, right here in Brooks has started bringing their seedlings over for sale now so we have those ready and waiting on the front porch. A selection of food and perennial seedlings are now available!
And now onto the grocery items;
- Choice Org Tumeric Shiitake Tea Bags
- Choice Org Peppermint Tea Bags
- Bulk Equal Exchange Peru French Roast Coffee Beans (Org, Fair Trade)
- Bulk Roasted Chicory Root (Org, Board Request)
- Bulk Whole Wheat Flour (Org, Maine, Board Request)
- Knudsen Apple Juice (Org, Member Requested)
- Bionaturae Peach Necter (Org, Member Requested)
- Califia Oat Milk (GF, Non-GMO, Vegan, Nut Free, Carrageenan Free, Member Requested)
- Cedars Chocolate Hummus (Vegan, Non-GMO)
- Ralph’s Cafe Dilly Beans are also back in stock!
And for libations we have;
- Le Hauts De Largarde Bordeaux White (Org)
- Stellar Live-a-little White Blend (Org)
Let us know if there is something you’d like us to carry;