We are pleased to welcome back Nancy McAlley for another Death Cafe at the Marsh River Cooperative. We had a few questions previously about what this was so Nancy was nice enough to type up a description for us. If you have any additional questions please don’t hesitate to ask us! We also created a Facebook Event (link below) if you want to let us know you will be attending.
What is a “Death Café” ?
It is a relaxed space to talk about issues around life and death.
There is no fixed agenda, we talk about whatever comes up
Some topics that have come up in the past:
- Green cemeteries vs. traditional
- Burying on your own property
- Funeral options
- Making your own coffin, biodegradable coffins
- Water cremation vs. fire cremation
- Dying at home or in a facility
- Transporting a body yourself
- Do you need a will
And much more
Come join in the discussion and find out what you don’t know and share what you do know with others
It is a fun evening with many laughs even though it is serious discussion.