Well another month is upon us and with everything that’s been going on there are a bunch of new changes in Co-op operations. If you have any questions about these changes please feel free to reach out to us.
With Govenor Mills new stay at home order we have some operational updates. We are classified as essential but based on our square footage we are only allowed to have 5 customers in the store at one time. We are working on a system for the main entrance to alert people when it is ok to come into the Co-op. Please follow the instructions of the staff/volunteers at all times. We will also be locking the rear entrance for the time being so that we can ensure we adhear to the new guidelines. We are also researching what would be the best time for our at risk populations to shop so that we can have an exclusive time for them (feedback welcome). We’d like to continue to keep our doors open to the public, though we aren’t ruling anything out at this point, so that those with cash only or who use EBT/SNAP can still shop (did you know 7% of Americans have no bank at all? Or that EBT/SNAP benefits have to be used in person?)
We also want to let everyone know that we think we are ready to roll out the new curbside pickup program (please see instructions below). It’s probably going to be bumpy for a little bit until we see where we need to make changes to make it more efficient. I want to thank everyone that has offered to volunteer to fill orders after hours!
All orders must be made between 12:00pm – 4:00pm Thursday. Pickup between 10:00am – 4:00pm Friday only.
Please contact the store by telephone (207)722-3053 when you are on your way and we will place your items outside of the loading bay doors (large white double doors to the right of our main entrance)
If we see too high a demand we will let everyone know that we need to shutdown orders for the day in order to catch up. At this time we will be prioritizing members and those who are at high risk. We will attempt to fill all orders but we reserve the right to cancel orders as needed. Items will be picked on a first come first serve basis.
1. Customers can navigate to our new shopify store at:
2. Customers can either browse products by selecting “Catalog” or looking for items using the search bar at the top right corner. At this time we are not guaranting the availablity of any items due to increased demand and lack of availability in the supply chain. We request that you order between 5-15 products only.
3. Once a customer has added all their items to their shopping cart they can go to “Checkout”.
4. You will be asked to put in a contact email or telephone number (We prefer email whenever possible) along with shipping information. This is more for the billing information later and all items will be picked up curbside at the Co-op.
5. Then Select “Continue to Shipping”
6. Then Select “Continue to Payment”
7. Customers will enter their payment information as well as place a check mark that their billing info is he same as their shipping info.
8. Then select “Place Order”
9. Customers will receive a confirmation number and email for their order. Please be advised your credit card will not be charged until your order has been filled so your final total may be different if we have out of stocks. We will also be adjusting sales tax on the back end as well so your total may be slightly different.
One thought on “MRC Updates April 1st: Stay At Home Order and Curbside Pickup”
Thanks for update and for all your efforts. Hope to see you safely soon! Take care of yourselves. Gary and Marian
Sent from my iPhone